The RaceChrono Basic System consists of the 3.5” GPS TouchScreen Lap Timer and accessories only, (no high speed external GPS) and uses the internal GPS in the TouchScreen to acquire GPS lap timing data. Although the lap timing accuracy with the internal GPS can be relatively good, the RaceChrono Pro system is recommended for very accurate timing, frequent track day use and motorcycles/karts.
The RaceChrono Basic Lap Timing System will record reasonably accurate lap times but it does have some limitations that we have listed below.
· The TouchScreen’s internal GPS has a much slower satellite acquisition time. If inside a building or under cover area, this unit needs around 90 seconds outside to acquire satellites before lap timing can commence.
· The TouchScreen’s internal GPS works at only 1Hz. This means that the amount of incoming data from the GPS is 5 times less than using the GPS High Speed Receiver included in the Pro System, resulting in lower resolution of recorded data such as Speed Graphs and Traveled Route.
· Using the TouchScreen’s internal GPS means that the TouchScreen must be mounted with a clear view to the sky. This can sometimes be difficult, whereas the GPS High Speed Receiver is much smaller and easier to mount in difficult positions.----------
· 1 X RaceChrono 3.5” GPS TouchScreen Lap Timer
· 1 X Power supply (wall charger)
· 1 X Power supply (12v car charger)
· 1 X USB cable
· 1 X Car windscreen mounting kit
· 4 X 3M Dual lock mounting tape strips
· 1 X Quick Start Guide & 1 Year Warranty